The Best Brows In The World
Do your homework when choosing who you will allow to tattoo your face! Most “Microbladers” are trained in two or three-day seminars and are let loose on the public. Please beware of bargain bladers! Be sure to research prior to trusting a tattoo artist to perform work on your face. Whether you choose us or another artist we only want the best for your face! The PhiBrows process is approximately 3 hours in length, it incorporates a variety of techniques, precision strokes, superior pigments and digital measurements to ensure hyper-realistic results. The same results can not be achieved in procedures lasting an hour or so offered by others offering microblading services. Trust your face with the best microblading method in the industry! We are extremely passionate about providing the absolute best service for our clients. We are honoured to be your Artist, and will utilize our extensive skills and expertise to dramatically improve to your brows. Our artist is a Phibrows Master Educator trained in the European Phibrows technique of Microblading, which is arguably the best Microblading education in the world, with strenuous certification requirements. Phibrows training takes months to complete. Perfect design and implementation, shown over and over again, is required to obtain a Phibrows Artist Certification. We encourage you to research Phibrows and microblading in general before making a decision regarding your Microblading artist. Ask where the artist was trained and how long the training took. Ask to see before and after photos. Ask what kind of tools they use and ask about their disinfection practices. After all, this is your face! Good brows aren’t cheap and cheap brows aren’t good. Here’s to the brows you’ve always wanted!
Frequently Asked Questions
Phibrows Microblading is a semi permanent cosmetic “hand/manual” tattoo method of hair strokes for your eyebrows which creates extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. The results? Perfectly natural looking, thick, full brows. Phibrows uses the best quality pigments which are free of heavy metals and vegan.
Depending on your skin type and care, the pigment will fade slowly over 18-24 months.
A highly-effective, medical-grade topical anesthetic liquid is used for numbing during your application. Sensitivity levels will vary from person to person, however every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the duration of the treatment. Most of our clients report that the tweezing of stray hairs is more uncomfortable than the actual procedure itself! If you are a frequent smoker or have consumed caffeine, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment will not last as long. If you are on your menstrual cycle or you have been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition you may be more sensitive.
The pigment is delicately applied with a specific PhiBrows tool (sterile and disposable) that has a row of several fine needles to create thin hair like marks in the skin. Your artist will choose needles and the blade type according to the technique and the skin type. The pigment is bladed just below the epidermis and the most shallow part of the dermis, making extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved, as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction. A touch up is included 6-12 weeks after your initial treatment.
The appointment should take approx three hours.
Disclaimer: We hold the right to deny service to clients who have the following conditions. If you have any of the following conditions please contact us immediately before scheduling to ensure you are a candidate
- Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
- Keloid scars or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
- Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- Any medical procedures that compromise your immune system.
- Circulatory disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- Any bleeding disorders, Hemophilia(doctor’s note is required)
- Heart disorders
- Received an Organ transplant
- Eczema/Psoriasis/Rashes in eyebrow area
- Used antibiotics within 30 days before appointment
- You’re taking blood thinning medication
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids or steroids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
- If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
- You’ve recently had Botox, Disport treatment or fillers (must wait 2 weeks)
- Breakouts in eyebrow area
- Old PMU
- You have a broken capillaries or veins in the eyebrows area
- If you have a sunburn.
- After waxing (must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Diagnosed conditions that are waived are required to bring a doctor’s note stating their approval.
Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen or any NSAIDs 48 hours before treatment.
- Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
- Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
- No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
- No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
- Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
Here’s a quick rundown of a typical service provided by an official PhiBrows artist:
- Before the appointment begins, the artist will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment.
- The artist then draws on the eyebrow shape according to the PhiBrows golden ratio measuring tool. Specific measurements are taken from your face to determine the perfect shape according to your facial features (your unique face shape and size).
- Next, the artist chooses the perfect PhiBrows color that matches the existing hairs. If there is no hair then a color can be chosen.
- Initial strokes are placed, then anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort.
- Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
- After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
- Once that’s finished, the artist cleans the area thoroughly.
- After the service, the artist will apply an aftercare treatment to the eyebrows.
Yes! be sure to follow your prescribed aftercare routine
Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
- Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
- Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles. (dirt and debris can get into the fresh micro bladed eyebrows)
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
- Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
The touch up is recommended 6-12 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, your artist will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color.
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later the skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
They will look Amazing!! But Your brows will appear darker and more defined than they will when they are fully healed. Redness and swelling are quite minimal, and will typically subside within 12 hours. For more sensitive skin types the area may stay red for up to 72 hours.
Your semi-permanent makeup will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days. If you feel slightly panicked by the darkness- this is normal! The color will gradually lighten as the pigment settles into the skin during the 7-10 day healing process. Redness and swelling is not expected after 24 hours, however for sensitive skin this may vary. after the topical healing has occurred the pigment can look quite light. This is normal! As the skin structure inside heals the pigment brightens up each week that goes by. Color and symmetry cannot be judged until a full 30 days after the initial treatment.
Most people require the 2 sessions (initial and touch up) At your first appointment we will create a full structure for your entire eyebrow. Microblading is a gentle process that will involve multiple sessions to build color, dimension, and shape. Patience is the key to creating eyebrows that you will love for years to come. At your touch-up session (2nd application) we will assess your color retention and touch up the entire brow in order to create more depth and dimension, if desired. Some clients will enjoy the softer look and opt to only have certain areas touched up. After the second session, pigment retention will be much greater.
A third session is considered a “perfection visit” and is reserved for clients who need small tweaks done to their brows to further perfect them to their liking. Fourth sessions are very rare, but most commonly needed for those who 1) have not followed Pre-Care and After-Care thoroughly 2) have oily/problematic/ruddy skin 3) have little to no eyebrow hair to start with. Everyone heals differently and at different rates. If your cosmetic tattoo does not heal perfectly after the first session, don’t worry! We can always go darker and add more density at your next appointment. 🙂
All sessions are spaced 6-8 weeks apart, to ensure full healing of internal skin structure.
You must be 18 years or older to receive a permanent makeup service at our studio. You must provide a valid form of ID in the form of a driver’s license and/or state identification card.
You must wait at until you are not pregnant and completely finished breastfeeding to have our services performed. As a precaution we will not perform cosmetic tattooing of any style on pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Yes. Microblading simulates real hairstrokes. It is different than a finished makeup look. It’s incredibly natural looking and our patterns blend in seamlessly with the natural hair. For women who are used to wearing heavy brow makeup, it will look much softer than what they are used to seeing with makeup. For this We recommend microblading and shading for a more filled in look with real hair strokes. Many times, a brow make-under is better than brow make-over!
Your brows will fade over time and will need a touch-up every 1-2 years. Without a touch up, the pigments will gradually fade away over the course of a couple years. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors including: the pigment color used (lighter colors fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure),and if any chemical peels/acids/anti-aging and anti-acne products are used on the skin. Unlike tattoo inks, pigments are designed to gently fade over time. Fading is considered a positive occurrence as it allows the artist to make changes to color and shape over the years as client’s natural coloration and facial changes occur.
If you have extremely oily skin, the hairstroke eyebrow technique will NOT work well for you. The constant production of oil can cause the hairstrokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdered than you would expect.
If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more 2-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally. We recommend a combination of microblading + shading to add more depth and dimension for eyebrows with little to no hair that need a lot of reconstruction.
If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
**PLEASE NOTE: If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed, we are no longer offering cover-up or re-work services. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these. In some cases where the previous work is too dark, dense, discoloured, or large, tattoo removal (see our Phi-Removal section for more information on tattoo removal) will be highly recommended before our services will be considered. Previously tattooed areas will almost always require additional sessions and will be charged accordingly. Some special cases may be considered. Please call or email us a photo of your old PMU. each case will be assessed individually. Contact us with any further questions.
The majority of our clients’ brows stay true to color and lighten naturally over time. There are some cases, however, where colors may fade to different tones according to the individual’s response to the pigments (like lifestyle and iron deficiencies). Many factors affect these changes. At your follow up appointment we will re-assess how your body has responded to the initial color. Special alterations to the color formula can be done to correct the color and to prevent further color change at this time. As time goes on your brows will soften and have more of a “powdered” look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking nice, touch up appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years (sooner for oily skin types). Cosmetic tattoos are considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-2 years. Frequency of sessions depends on a number of factors including: the pigment colour used (lighter colours fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure), and if any chemical peels come into contact with treated areas.
Please note the final results CAN NOT be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. Results will vary with each client. *80% of your healed result depends on how well it is taken care of during the healing process.
Most people only require the two sessions but Multiple sessions are normal for cosmetic tattoo procedures, with each new procedure requiring a minimum of 2 visits. Your second session can be booked no sooner than 2 months after the initial appointment. Additional sessions will be charged according to our current pricing.
As with any tattoo, sun exposure will make the color soften/lighten faster. A good sunscreen should be applied daily AFTER healing and is required to help keep colour true and keep damage minimal.
The fading speed depends on your skin type, metabolism, lifestyle (smoking, eating habits, etc.), sun exposure, pigment color used, broken capillaries, iron deficiency, and if any chemical peels were done after your procedure.
If you are planning a chemical peel, laser treatment or other medical procedure, please inform the technician that you have had a cosmetic tattoo. Careful application must be taken to avoid affecting the tattooed area.
Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should be used (once healed) to prolong your enhancement. The choice of colour: Some colours fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde colour will fade quicker than a dark brown colour. The area of treatment: Enhancements to the face, for example, fade more quickly due to constant exposure.
Bleeding during the procedure: Any bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol and certain supplements/medications act as blood-thinners and should not be taken prior to and following your appointment.
Absolutely! We only use single use, disposable needles and supplies. these are on time use dedicated for you only.This means that each set-up for each new client is discarded safely afterwards. Each of our stations are thoroughly disinfected before opening and after each procedure throughout the day. We pride ourselves in having an immaculate and sterile studio space.
Appointments may be made through our salon line 604-846-4648 or soon via our online booking system. A 200$ deposit is required to schedule and secure your appointment and is deducted from the total price of your application. This deposit is to ensure that you are serious about your appointment and is non-refundable. If you cancel or miss your appointment, you will simply forfeit your deposit.
We accept CASH, DEBIT and CREDIT CARD (VISA/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover) payments only.
Microblading is perfect for you if you have:
- Hair loss or lack of definition
- Thin brows due to over tweezing.
- Undergone chemotherapy or have Alopecia
- The desire to lengthen your shorter existing eyebrows
- The desire to thicken your thin brows
- The desire to correct your asymmetrical brows
- An active lifestyle, or wear a natural look.
- Trouble applying conventional makeup.
Consultation and Patch Test | 15 mins – FREE suggested if client has medical conditions, old permanent makeup and or suspected allergies.
Patience is key when creating beautiful brows! Semi-Permanent Makeup is an advanced permanent makeup technique that requires patience on behalf of the client. To create a lasting brow with the correct depth of color will take at least two visits to perfect. Because semi-permanent nature is a very delicate form of tattooing, it is not uncommon to loose pigment after your first visit. However at your second appointment, the pigment will take much more easily. If you do not have much hair, up to three sessions may be needed in order to create dimension and fill out the brow properly. Semi-permanent makeup is the process of implanting color pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of sterile, disposable needles to produce the appearance of hair strokes, makeup, or to enhance the natural features of the face. Our pigments are specially formulated without the use of iron-oxides. They are nickle and titanium free, making them safe for MRIs.